The Garrity Group’s internship program offers college students, enrolled in accredited communications programs, an opportunity to launch their career in public relations. The Garrity Group invites one intern a semester to learn about public relations from our team of professionals. Don't worry we don't have a copy machine and someone else handles the filing so you will be able to focus on learning what PR is all about. The work you create as a result of your internship experience can be used to build a resume portfolio. Students who are enrolled as either a Junior and Senior and registered for at least one hour of internship credit are welcomed to apply for an internship opportunity for the spring (January - May), summer (May - August) or fall (August - December) semesters.
Assignments during the course of the internship may include:
- Writing media alerts, news releases, blog and/or newsletter articles
- Working with new tools and technology
- Social media assignments
- Performing research tasks
- Building media lists and contact
- Assisting with event management
- Brainstorming story angles for pitching
- Participating in team meetings
Interested applicants should send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Full Name
- Major (If graduate student, also list undergrad degree earned)
- Interested in (select one): Spring, Summer, Fall semester
- Phone Number
- List any/all communication or journalism-related courses completed