The Garrity Group’s internship program offers college students an opportunity to launch their career in public relations and gain first-hand experience working with real clients in an agency setting. Interns are introduced to the agency environment and our team as they work on campaigns, events, and much more as they build a resume portfolio. Junior and Senior level college students are welcomed to apply for positions for spring (January – May), summer (May – August) and fall (August – December) semesters.
Assignments during the course of the internship may include:
- Writing media alerts, news releases, blog and/or newsletter articles
- Working with new tools and technology
- Social media assignments
- Performing research tasks
- Building media lists and contact
- Assisting with event management
- Brainstorming story angles for pitching
- Participating in team meetings
- Performing tasks such as follow-up calls, media tracking, etc.
Interested applicants should send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Full Name
- Major (If graduate student, also list undergrad degree earned)
- Interested in (select one): Spring, Summer, Fall semester
- Phone Number
- List any/all communication or journalism-related courses completed